Tuesday, February 19, 2013

NEWS FLASH! MSP will be raising prices soon.

To my dear clients...

I will be raising prices for reservations made after February 2013. BOOK NOW! :)

I am blessed to have found something that I really enjoy and so when I started photographing births, I didn't think so much about how much I would charge. I simply felt blessed to be able to something that I love. However, following your passion does not mean that it comes easy. A lot of missed vacations to make sure I am present at a customer's birth, sleepless nights staying awake with families as they go through labor, aching arms from carrying my crazy heavy equipment for hours, days spent editing photos and videos have gone into my photography... it has been about a year now and I'd like to think it is time to give myself some credit for my hard work. 

So dear clients, I hope for your understanding. Childbirth photography is not just about documenting a medical procedure. To me, it is about capturing moments and memories, emotions felt during such a special time in your family. I look forward to capturing your moments for you :)

As a fellow photographer put it "There is much more to birth photography than the actual moment of birth.  So much more.  It’s the birth environment, the light in the room, the details, the comings and goings of those who are there.  It’s mom holding on to dad in pain, the doula offering a supportive hand, the midwife making suggestions for pain relief and the OB preparing and helping mom push.  It’s the baby placed on moms chest for the first time, the tears of joy, pure adrenaline, the cutting of the cord and babies little toes and fingers.  It’s the first time a sibling meets a new baby brother or sister with a look of wonder and apprehension.  It’s all of those things put together.  It’s the journey of a birth day.  It’s the making of a family.  It’s special.  And if a family chooses so, it deserves to be captured." I could not have said it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment