Saturday, February 16, 2013

Family + Little Ms. Long Lashes, a HOMEstory

Just a few weeks after delivering her baby, Mommy P invited me over to do their HOMEstory. I was excited to join them as this was going to be my first Indian family to photograph. I spent some time in India when I was still working in the corporate world and was amazed by their colorful culture! 


True enough, we had our lovely share of kurtis and sarees in such vibrant colors! Grandma was even there to prepare some authentic samosas and Indian sweets that brought me right back to the time I was in Mumbai.



As they are only in Manila temporarily, Mommy P also wanted some classic shots to remind her of the place where she birthed her daughter.


I love little baby parts! As time passes, its easy to forget how small our children used to be. I'd like to think of this as a reminder of how you cared for them at a time when they were so tiny and fragile.



Mommy P took childbirth classes with Chiqui Brosas. She delivered her first baby in Mumbai via c-section. Sadly, it was not her choice and she felt forced into it. This second time around, she wanted to do all she could to deliver her baby naturally. When she spoke to me of her birth, I was amazed! She chose to labor most of the time at her own home and said she was glad that she did. Labor seemed so much easier in a comfortable and familiar place. Plus she had her family and household help around her for emotional and physical support! Labor progressed quickly. Just a few moments after she got to the hospital she was ready to push her baby out! Maybe it is true what natural advocates say, that laboring in the hospital where you are constantly poked, prodded and given a time limit can pressure a mom and slow down labor. Anyway, I was so proud of her for going through it...



I recall Mommy telling me how attached her eldest daughter was to her, to the point that she'd get jealous when her own Daddy would get close. I imagined it being tough on her having a newborn little sister. But I pleasantly surprised when I came to photograph them. She came to me proud of her little sister, telling me how she was a big sister now. Even more adorable was how playful, sweet and loving she was towards her sister during the shoot. She really took being an older sister to heart, it was such a heart-warming thing to witness.


What a beautiful family indeed. Welcome to the world Little Ms. Long Lashes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment