Saturday, July 7, 2012

A Baby Is a Blessing, No Matter How She Came Into The World.

We live in a very small world. Yesterday, was a day of many firsts. I witnessed my very first labor marathon and first cesarean delivery. It was an experience of many ups and downs definitely worthy of a blog in itself.

For now, I want to dedicate a simple post to a couple I pleasantly stumbled upon at the hospital. I have always been encouraged by their jolly disposition. They were and still are such a happy pair, regardless of the outcome of their birth.

I first met this couple (http://mystoryphotography-ph.blogspot.com/2012/05/pcc-211-childbirth-class-couple-shots_16.htmll) during my mom's childbirth class (http://chiquibrosas.blogspot.com/) a few months back. They were always full of smiles, a couple definitely psyched to have a natural birth - you can tell just by watching them excitedly engage in the classes.



Yesterday, I bumped into the same couple in the hospital as they were walking their now born baby. They both looked radiant and happy as usual. On my brief chat with them, I found out that they ended up having a cesarean birth. But judging from their smiles, it didnt seem to matter much at this point.


I want to encourage all moms... especially first time ones. We all want what is best for our baby. We do everything we can to give them the most perfect jump start to life possible. We try to eat right, exercise, read all the baby books we can find, dress up the nursery to be a cozy haven, fill drawers with all shapes and sizes of baby clothes... We spend time and energy preparing for our birth. Sometimes it goes exactly as planned, but most of the time, unexpected things turn up and our birth turns out to be a complete surprise from what we expected. Sometimes its because of our baby, sometimes its our body, sometimes its our family, our doctor, our nurses... sometimes it just is. When things dont go as planned, try to take things in stride and focus on the good -- a healthy, normal and beautiful baby is many to be grateful for. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment